Found: Red Nikon Coolpix in Waterproof Case

Our website allows people to email each other directly after the initial first contact, therefore we have no way of full tracking success stories on this site.

This section shows the success stories we have been told about... the REAL number should be far higher!

Found: Red Nikon Coolpix in Waterproof Case

Postby Aquahound » 18 May 2010, 12:21

I found this camera washed up on a Key West beach in it's waterproof case. Pictures are not from the Keys, but are from some other tropical location. They have dive photos and family photos.
Aquahound

Re: Found: Red Nikon Coolpix in Waterproof Case

Postby Aquahound » 21 May 2010, 10:18

Camera has been found!

Little clues in the pictures led me to Aruba, including an airplane tail number, a couple buildings, and a school picture. Long story short, the owner lost it while recovering an anchor from a U.S. Navy vessel sank during WWII off the coast of Aruba. I posted on several sites including scubaboard.com, cruisecritic.com, and aruba.com. On aruba.com, a woman recognized the family and contacted them. The camera owner is a Sgt in the Royal Dutch Navy. That anchor is now a WWII memorial in Aruba.

More interesting - in the 6 motnhs the camera was floating, a sea turtle bit in to it, turning it on and recording himself. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43sg-Ytt58
Aquahound

Return to Testimonies - SUCCESS STORIES