Lost my camera at opposite end of globe and REUNITED!

Our website allows people to email each other directly after the initial first contact, therefore we have no way of full tracking success stories on this site.

This section shows the success stories we have been told about... the REAL number should be far higher!

Lost my camera at opposite end of globe and REUNITED!

Postby roger » 30 Dec 2016, 15:53

Daniel asked if I could post a success story, since this one has a happy ending.

I went on vacation to Australia a couple months ago, and all of my trip photos were on my digital camera. During the last day of my trip, I was sitting on a Sydney park bench, and I left my camera out. I forgot to take my camera with me as I walked off. I didn't realize until the very next morning that my camera was missing. I made my way back to the same bench, and the camera was already gone. There was no more time to go searching, as I had to catch my flight back home to the USA.

I posted an ad at the local online classifieds, but I had no responses or views.

After I had already accepted that I would never see my camera & photos again, I went on Google to look up "lost camera photo search" as it was recommended to me to trace by EXIF. I couldn't find any hits from this method, but that's when I accidentally stumbled onto CameraFound.com

As I scrolled the FOUND PHOTOS section, I was SHOCKED to find a few of the photos I've taken! As it turns out, a good samaritan had recovered my camera the day I lost it, and after other attempts to find me, she had tried CameraFound.

I reached out to Daniel of CameraFound to help me get in touch.

I was reunited with my camera & photos yesterday, thanks to the finder's acts of kindness, Daniel, and CameraFound!
roger

Return to Testimonies - SUCCESS STORIES